Monday, April 13, 2009

Hello Everyone

I was inspired to create a blog after hearing and then reading about www.mattlogelin.com.

I'm Dan, a 27 year old father and widower as of 2/25/09. My wife Amanda was my world for 9 years. We met in college and were together ever since. Amanda was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia out of the blue when she was almost 7 months pregnant this past Jan. Baby Gianna was born a few days later at 30 weeks gestation weighing 3lbs 3oz. Amanda began chemo but passed away from a terrible condition called necrotizing fasciitis on 2/25. My world was turned upside down on 1/18 when she was diagnosed - what happened on 2/25 has not become my reality just yet...

I have tremendous support from family and friends but wanted to post about My World.

Gianna is now almost 3 months old and weighs almost 10 pounds. 


2 comments:

  1. Bless your heart--I can't imagine..though I too have been a widow--many blessings to you as you raise this beautiful daughter.
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dan-
    So very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine. It looks like you are doing an amazing job with Gianna! I bet you are a wonderful dad. You have a beautiful daughter. I'll be following. All the best-
    E's Mom

    ReplyDelete