Sunday, August 30, 2009

Someone I recently met, who has been so tremendously kind, helpful and a really good friend to talk to, found this online and I had to share it because it really does a phenomenal job explaining many of the things I feel:

Cancer killed my wife. I am not going to let it take any more from me. While I am alive I am going to live - make every effort to have a good and happy life. I've got more misery than I want or need so I am going to take every opportunity to be happy when I can. She wanted to live, wanted to have the chance I have got and I honestly think it would be disrespectful of me not to at least try and make the most of it. I've been taught in a way that I'll never forget that life and happiness are liable to be taken from us at a moment's notice and my response to an unfair universe is to be happy in spite of it.
It's not that I have 'moved on' or 'got better'. I am not looking to forget, recreate or replace my wife. I still miss her, I still cry, I still talk to her, look at photos of her and think of her all the time but I am carrying this with me, accepting it as part of who I am and asking the people who care about me to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment